Active

I'm finally feeling better! I was sick for about two weeks, and I'm only left with a bad sore throat and minor cough now. Although the haze from Indonesia is affecting this country, I don't think that's the main reason I was sick. Had fever even before the haze came in.

I've also been falling sick more often this past year or so. Really, I think it's about how inactive I've been since entering the workforce. Even before that, during polytechnic time, I've already been pretty inactive. I guess it's because in Secondary School, there was a time slot dedicated for sports and physical activities at least twice a week. On top of that, one of the school clubs I was involved in was rather physical.

Upon entering polytechnic, not only did I no longer have physical classes and club activities, I also started wearing the hijab. Now, there's nothing wrong about training in the hijab. I just thought that having to bring an extra set, and changing in and out of them, was too much of a hassle.

I'd love to join some gym soon. It's been on my to-do list since pretty much forever. But I guess I'm not entirely comfortable with the whole idea yet. The options I've given myself is either a) gym in hijab, or b) sign up with an all-female gym so that I can gym without hijab.

The issues I'm facing is a) I'll need a hijab I'm comfortable gym-ing in (i.e. good material), or b) I have to actually be comfortable taking off my hijab in a women-only space.

Well, we'll see how it goes. But for the benefit of my health, let's hope I get this sort out soon!

Comments

Popular Posts