Subbing
I want to get back into subbing.
I've done some simple subbing of Japanese shows in the past, and I honestly want to do that again. But as much as I want to pick something up, I probably shouldn't because I cannot commit to things yet.
But oh the satisfaction that comes with subbing. Although I'm still very slow at it, I would love to be able to reach the point where I can sub a movie in a week or two or something. And not just the translation part, but the typesetting and timing as well. The satisfaction that comes from completing such a task would be so wonderful.
But to reach that level, I have to master Japanese and have enough confidence in the language. Although I have a N2 certificate, I'm still quite weak at kanji and my grammar is probably messed up.
So as much as I want to taste the satisfaction of subbing, I should probably enjoy the process of mastery. I don't see it to be a short journey, so it'll be tough to continue if I don't enjoy the process.
I've done some simple subbing of Japanese shows in the past, and I honestly want to do that again. But as much as I want to pick something up, I probably shouldn't because I cannot commit to things yet.
But oh the satisfaction that comes with subbing. Although I'm still very slow at it, I would love to be able to reach the point where I can sub a movie in a week or two or something. And not just the translation part, but the typesetting and timing as well. The satisfaction that comes from completing such a task would be so wonderful.
But to reach that level, I have to master Japanese and have enough confidence in the language. Although I have a N2 certificate, I'm still quite weak at kanji and my grammar is probably messed up.
So as much as I want to taste the satisfaction of subbing, I should probably enjoy the process of mastery. I don't see it to be a short journey, so it'll be tough to continue if I don't enjoy the process.
Comments
Post a Comment