Wound

I miss being active. I barely get any exercise, and even if I want to, I create so many excuses for myself and get tired of the idea so easily because I haven't been keeping an active lifestyle. But I do miss being active, and I yearn to be able to run without feeling like wanting to die half a minute later.

Then again, my stamina has never been anything great. I do better at short distance than long distance, because I'd speed through rather than pace myself. Also, when I do try to pace myself, I'd get bored out of my wits, then give up on the idea.

But when I do get active, I'm crazy active. I think ever since I was 10 years old, all the way up to graduating secondary school at age 16, I would somehow managed to scrape my knee at least once each year, every year. By 12, I got used to it that my mum wouldn't bother putting the ointment for me, I'd just treat my own injury myself. At 13, I was sent to the school nurse to get treated, but I was so used to it that when the nurse applied pressure and asking if it hurts, I barely felt anything.

At 15, I was so used to it that when I fell down during a ball game, I just proceeded to see myself out of the game and treat the wound. Despite my friend's concerns, I had them continue the game as I sat by the side, sterilizing my wound. At 16, I was determined to avoid scraping my knee, so I took extra precaution during games. Despite that, I managed to injure myself when I clumsily tripped over a flat surface walking down the hall with my friends.

Although it's supposedly nothing to be proud of, I dare say that to a certain extent, that's quite a feat I've managed to accomplished.

But ever since graduating from secondary, and moving to polytechnic education, my active lifestyle has since become non-existent. Strange to say, I wouldn't mind scraping my knee every year if it means I'd get to be as active again.

This blog will just be peppered with these random thoughts every now and then.

Comments

Popular Posts